Adding A Rear Spoiler To Rx300

I just ordered a rear window spoiler for my 2001 RX300. Hopefuly it will help keep the back window clean - plus I like the looks.

How is it attached? I assume by adhesive - but there is not much contact area. Do I just clean and remove wax from the liftgate contact points and install the new deflector? Is the adhesive preinstalled - like a peel and stick 3M patch?

Any words of wisdom or tips from those that have installed one before?

Thanks to all.

Yes. It is a stock item as far as I know. I ordered it from www. lexus-parts.com which states the parts are OEM items.

When it arrives, will it have some type of adhesive on it? I hope there is no drilling required.

Mike

• 9 months later...
I just ordered a rear window spoiler for my 2001 RX300. Hopefuly it will help keep the back window clean - plus I like the looks.

How is it attached? I assume by adhesive - but there is not much contact area. Do I just clean and remove wax from the liftgate contact points and install the new deflector? Is the adhesive preinstalled - like a peel and stick 3M patch?

Any words of wisdom or tips from those that have installed one before?

Thanks to all.

Hi Guy,

I just did the job on my 03 and it was easy!!! It took about 1/2 hour and looks great. The template that has (in Japanesse) a "L" on it is for the left side. Tape the templates on the corners and drill the holes (after you 'ping' where they go (with the templates in place). Make sure the pop-rivet hole is the proper diameter and put some weathertite putty around it before you set it. The other hole will kind of line up with the pop-out on the underside of the trunk lid. We drilled all the holes with the small drill and then enlarged them according to how the spoiler lined up. Be sure to put weather-putty on washer before it goes into the spoiler. Also, the spoiler 'pushes down' before the small bolts goes in, so be sure that they are in the moved down position before you enlarge the bolt holes. If you get a case of the nerves...call me it takes longer to write than to do...

Bruce

blstout@gte.net

Yes. It is a stock item as far as I know. I ordered it from www. lexus-parts.com which states the parts are OEM items.

When it arrives, will it have some type of adhesive on it? I hope there is no drilling required.

Mike

Mike,

It's simple...read below...Four holes 00 00 and your almost done

Bruce