Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is The Glass Interchangeable?

So, someone tried to break into my car and left my passenger side window in shambles and while looking for a new window, I discovered a 1999 model at U-Pull. Now this wouldn't be an issue if my car was a 1999, but it's a 1990. I'm wondering if the passenger window on that LS400 is compatible with my 1990 LS400.

20190721_115020.jpg

The 1999 LS400 side windows fit only the 1995-2000 LS400 per the cross reference at https://www.toyodiy.com

Besides, I owned a 1990 and 2000 LS400 at the same time and know first hand that the window dimensions are different.  Here's a photo of them from around 2003.

Twins.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By two.colored.ls400
      Does anyone have a part number or a link where I could find a new fuel pump for my 2000 Ls400???
    • By LarboYar
      I just R/R the headlights on my 1999 RX300.  They are standard headlights.  No HID.  I see at least two each adjustment screws.  Which one adjusts the low beams and which on adjusts the High Beam, the fog lights, etc.  Which direction do I turn these screws for the up adjustment?
      FYI, I also R/R the door lock actuators on all four doors.  I fixed the door control device in the Drivers side door.  I used my 3-D printer to make the part that is under the rocker button for the door windows.  It sits on a spring.
    • By markquila
      Hello -
      My daughter totaled her 95 so we found a 96 and put the much lower mile engine in. Engine runs fabulous just like in the other car. After a few hours of running, the engine light comes on. Nether LS had codes before the swap Checked codes and get these: "PO450 Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor Sensor/ Switch" and "PO430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2". . 
      What I could find on out there was limited but I believe the 96 had an emission system that the 95 did not. I still have the 95 as a parts car so looking for best options to turn the engine light off for these errors. Again, engine runs fine and she is driving it every day. 
      Thanks in advance for any assistance. 
      Mark 

• By AznChopSticks
      Hey! I’m a young car enthusiast who currently owns a ‘99 GS400 with tan interior. I plan on converting it to black interior. Does anybody know any good products to use or have any tips or advice for me?
    • By Rolfjy18
      I recently purchased a 1997 Lexus ls400 coach edition with 176k miles. As we were driving it home, the check engine light came on. We took it in to a shop that we've been going to for years and got a reading. They said it was the catylitic converters and that they needed to be replaced in order to pass inspection in Virginia. Since that shop only used brand new parts, each converter would cost around 2 grand. I started looking for cheaper alternatives and found some on rock auto and carparts.com for around $42-300 and was wondering if those would be a good idea to buy. Most of the ones I found had warranties so that would lessen the risk.