Purchasing a high milage 13' Gs350 f-sport

I'm going to take a look at a 2013 Lexus Gs 350 f sport tonight. Priced OK.. at $13995, maybe a little high for the mileage of 167k.

I know these cars are a testament to reliability but is there anything I should look out for or consider before trying to negotiate or seal the deal?

I'm hoping these miles appear to be mostly highway and as for service, from the VIN i can see that the GS has been serviced primarily at Lexus dealerships since 147k

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick....welcome to the Forums

It sounds reasonable money for an F Sport, however as you state the mileage is rather high which shouldn't be an issue if you don't want to resell it on too soon.
Also, as long as the maintenance has been carried out correctly and when it should have been done then otherwise you could knock them down on price for that.

Sometimes, I think its not so much a case of knocking them down on price, rather trying to get more included in the deal for the same price, for example: a set of mats, extended warranty period, full tank of fuel, breakdown cover....etc.
All of which most dealers are happy to do as it doesn't come off the sticker price.

Let us know how you get on with it

Hi Nick. We all like the reliability of these cars.  I bought an SC with 96k miles which is more than I would accept for any veicle except a diesel.  

For a late model car though like a 2013 vintage, I would be looking for lower mileage than 167k miles.  The steering and suspension parts can be very worn by then.