Unable to look up body side liftgate weather strip

PsychoFish1

Hi Folks.

2014 RX 350

All I can find is the weather strip on the liftgate.

But I'm searching online oem parts websites for the weather strip for the rear hatch area, on the body side.

Any clues on the correct keyword or which diagram to view would be appreciated. I feel I have browsed through all the interior trim diagrams, which do show body side weather seal for each door, but not for the rear hatch area.

Thanks for any help. 

I was able to find this part which is the large oval rubber weather strip that goes on the body frame itself that seals the rear hatch. I am not sure of any other seal for the rear hatch. However, I have the 2011 model.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/lexus-weatherstrip-back-door~67881-48050.html?Make=Lexus&Model=RX350&Year=2014&Submodel=JPP&Filter=()

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you - I was mistaken and confused, do to the TV commercial in the 90s saying that every Lexus door is double sealed.
Which is true for passenger doors, not the rear hatch door, lol.

Now, I need to try to figure out how to disconnect the power linkage.
I wish I could afford the expensive factory repair manual. I had one for every car I owned, until they started costing more than $350 dollars, for only 1 or 3 volumes. 

24 minutes ago, PsychoFish1 said:

Thank you - I was mistaken and confused, do to the TV commercial in the 90s saying that every Lexus door is double sealed.
Which is true for passenger doors, not the rear hatch door, lol.

Now, I need to try to figure out how to disconnect the power linkage.
I wish I could afford the expensive factory repair manual. I had one for every car I owned, until they started costing more than $350 dollars, for only 1 or 3 volumes. 

Unless I'm hallucinating, my memory is that the LS400 I purchased in 1990 had triple door seals as did my 2000 LS400.  A Camry we bought in the 90's also had triple door seals.

Does your RX have a power door latch that wrenches the door shut the final inch or so?  If it does, it might have an electric "pinch protection" sensor inside the door gasket that you will have to deal with.

Are hard copy manuals still available?  The last set I purchased was in 2003 for a 2000 LS400.  Nowadays, most people view the manuals online at https://techinfo.toyota.com  .  A standard 2-day subscription is now $20.  The manual sections are in PDF format and can be downloaded.  With a good broad band connection, you could probably download all the manual sections for your RX in a few hours.