Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Similar Content

• By leakeya
      Hi everyone,
      My 1999 Gs (179k) makes this creaking noise when I am turning at low speeds or if I am braking at really low speed like while backing up. It’s also kind of unpredictable. Sometimes it won’t happen, and it’ll go away and then the next time I make the same turn it will happen.  I doesn’t really affect performance at higher speed although above 60 MPH i experience quite a bit of play. 

my Mechanic said I need a full control arm swap and quoted me $1900 for OEM parts. He also said it’s not gonna fall apart anytime soon, but to replace it depending on how much I love the car. (I love her a lot, hence this post) However, I have been reading online a lot about how it could just be one ball joint, so I’m thinking about getting a second opinion. I am also wondering if anyone has any input on whether or not swapping the control arms, all 6 of them, would help reduce the amount of steering play I have. 

Any thoughts on doing aftermarket control arms? Has anyone had a similar experience?

I appreciate any responses:)

thanks, 
    • By BeachBumForever
      2003 ES300 - 209,000 miles
      I have developed a "clunk" that seems to be coming from the passenger side trunk area when hitting a pothole or pavement change. First thought is a strut or mount going/gone bad so will probably replace all 4 struts. Need suggestions on whether to use OEM parts or aftermarket parts and sources. I prefer a smooth ride versus performance handling. Suggestions on the parts and process appreciated. Should the struts be replaced BEFORE or AFTER a full alignment? The work will be done by a shop, not by yours truly.
    • By arsengames36
      Hi I am selling my 1995 LS 400. It has approximately 200K miles on it.
      This car might need a new steering pump, a new battery and side blinkers. Car has a small dent on the right front fender. 
      The car has very clean interior, leather has no tears, chrome wheels, new rear tires. Has two rear MagnaFlow mufflers (paid $400) + chrome tips on them. Registration is paid for until Nov 18. 
      Asking $850 OBO, car needs to go ASAP. Pick up Sherman Oaks, CA
      Thanks for viewing

• By Supradi
      Selling 4 used stock wheels and tires from my LS400. These must go like yesterday. Only asking $150, local pickup only (DC, MD, VA area)

• By alex2354
      I'm looking for answers to my mysterious knock sensor code on my 2001 LS430 180k miles. P0325 Knock sensor circuit 1 is the code I am recieving. Trying to do some preventative maintenance I changed the spark plugs with NGK laser iridium. Prior spark plugs I believe were the Densos. I as well changed a leaky PCV hose and went ahead and did the valve. The car ran great for roughly a week or so and then the code came and hasn't left. I seafoamed the car as well after getting the code. If I reset the code the car runs great, but returns shortly. I notice a slight tick and pinging under hard acceleration. Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated! I changed the spark plugs again also hoping maybe one of the NGK's was gapped incorrectly. I've went over the harnesses looking for shorts. It just seems strange I change the spark plugs and a knock sensor decides to give out. 

Forums

News

Membership