Gs 300 Key

Hi All, I replaced the battery on my key and it still will not open the trunk or lock and unlock the doors. I called the dealer regarding the problem and they said, it would be around $60.00 to reset something. Anyone have this type of problem and get it fixed with the help of a manual or some other method?

Hi All, I replaced the battery on my key and it still will not open the trunk or lock and unlock the doors. I called the dealer regarding the problem and they said, it would be around $60.00 to reset something. Anyone have this type of problem and get it fixed with the help of a manual or some other method?

hey gilbert, whats up my friend... my my my you have lots of questions. well, the remote that's on your key will only lock and unlock your doors. it has no control to remotely open the trunk. and now a possible solution for your dilema. sit in your driver seat. directly left of your steering collumn and above your e-break release handle should be a little square area with a switch and a keylock of some sort.... well you'll see it... that switch controls your remote from your key to the computer which will enable or disable the remote signal. try pushing the button and see if you are able to lock and unlock your car. when i get home today, i'll take some pics, but i'm sure you can figure it out. good luck

Hey TT! You seem well read on the Lexus GS. I switch the remote key on and off and still no change. The remote key simply doesn't not want to play nice. I will research a bit more and find out what can be don. Thanks so far. G

Hey TT! You seem well read on the Lexus GS. I switch the remote key on and off and still no change. The remote key simply doesn't not want to play nice. I will research a bit more and find out what can be don. Thanks so far. G

hey gilbert what's up. sorry to hear that the switch wasn't a remedy. all i can say is that you have a faulty remote key or computer. might want to check with lexus about that. if i can find out any more info on the key, i'll hit you up.

Hi All, I've been researching this problem. Results: I do not have the reprogramming procedure and even the dealer could not help me. They wanted me to purchase a new key to see if that would fix it and if that didn't do it they wanted me to purchase a new computer for the car and still they didn't know if that was going to fix it. I went to Kerney Mesa Lexus in San Diego California. I am stuck right now and no one seems to have an idea of how to fix this problem. I tried www.streetkeys.com and they could not help or recommend a place that might offer assistance.

Hi All, I've been researching this problem. Results: I do not have the reprogramming procedure and even the dealer could not help me. They wanted me to purchase a new key to see if that would fix it and if that didn't do it they wanted me to purchase a new computer for the car and still they didn't know if that was going to fix it. I went to Kerney Mesa Lexus in San Diego California. I am stuck right now and no one seems to have an idea of how to fix this problem. I tried www.streetkeys.com and they could not help or recommend a place that might offer assistance.

how funny is that gilbert... you live in san diego too. i go to that dealership all the time. in fact i was there last week picking up some shocks for my car. small world my friend. i have a friend in florida that might help you with this situation, but you have to send him your key. let me know what's up

TT, I have a backup key on order that should arrive by Thursday. I will be happy to ship your friend in Florida my key. Hopefully the problem is with the key. I should talk to your friend in Florida before sending the key, I need to explain what is happening.

Yea, SD!! I like your car as I see it from the signature pic. Do you have more pics?

TT, I have a backup key on order that should arrive by Thursday.  I will be happy to ship your friend in Florida my key.  Hopefully the problem is with the key.  I should talk to your friend in Florida before sending the key, I need to explain what is happening. 

Yea, SD!!  I like your car as I see it from the signature pic.  Do you have more pics?

hey gilbert what's up man... here are pics of my car

ARISTO_DRIVER_SIDE_FINAL.sized.jpg

ARISTO_REAR_FINAL.sized.jpg

ARISTO_REAR_DRIVER_QUARTER_PANEL_FINAL.sized.jpg

i'm the only one is southern cali with this kit and probably the only one in the states with this wing plus the only aristo conversion in san diego. so if you see this car around, feel free to stop and say what's up. you should post pics of your car.

TT, without question, your car is off the hook! Nice looking car with the mods. If I see you around I will stop you and say hello.

Do you have the contact information of your from in Florida?

TT, without question, your car is off the hook! Nice looking car with the mods. If I see you around I will stop you and say hello.

Do you have the contact information of your from in Florida?

hey gilbert, thanks for the props, you'll see me around. by the way, where in san diego do you reside? i live by tijuana. anyways, i'll PM you the contact info of my friend.

T, I stay near Mission Valley. What does Aristo mean?

mission valley, very nice... money town!!! whoo hoo... anyways "aristo" is the japanese version of our car. I'm a car fanatic and i think japasese cars are better in every aspect than american cars. So... I did a japanese conversion on my car.

Lexus GS300 = Toyota ARISTO

in japan, the aristo comes with non-turbo, twinturbo, or V8

in the states, we get the non-turbo engine

well there's your jdm crash course for the gs300/aristo

if there's anything else you want to know, hit me up about it... or for the matter, what ever you want to discuss.

Thanks for the information on the GS300. When it comes to the GS300, you know your car. I will ask you other questions in the future as necessary. Thanks.

I am waiting for the information from your contact in Florida on the key issue. Please let me know if you can provide the contact information. Thanks, G.

Thanks for the information on the GS300. When it comes to the GS300, you know your car. I will ask you other questions in the future as necessary. Thanks.

I am waiting for the information from your contact in Florida on the key issue. Please let me know if you can provide the contact information. Thanks, G.

hey gilbert what's up. i emailed my friend and await his reply.

• 4 years later...
Sorry but I am not liking the look on this car..

well ty for bringing up a post from 5 years ago to tell us that sir!

hahahahaha you must really have an issue with it! Agreed tho

no just wondered y u would thread bump something after 5 years to tell him u dont like his car....IF he still has the car im sure by now he has changed it or what not....it was just a odd thread bump to be negative bout dudes car. it wasnt even on topic