Does The 1991 Ls Have A Cabin Filter ?

Zdeno

Hi guys I´d like to ask somebody. Does the 1991 LS have a cabin vent filter ? I triing to get out the bad odor from my A/C and read couple of the forums here and somebody said that the bad odor came out after change the cabin vent filter. I have was triing to find something about the filter in my repair manual but didn´t find anything. So it looks like my car doesn´t have one. When I come to my car in the morning it smells like wet bad odor. Thx a lot for an advice.

I was also interested to know and I found out that they did not from reading one of the threads on this forum.

Unfortunately, no.... they are not quite as advanced as the 93-up models.

Thank you ! How is your A/C on your 1990 LS ? does it smell bead too ? OH here in south Los Angeles is about 100 degrees and the bad smell is sometimes stronger than my parfume :P

Now after month using A/C the air smell bad when I have turn on only the vent without A/C and all the windows getting foggy. I think that somebody spoke about what cause the windows getting foggy so I´ll have to check all the forums.

I assume it would be related to humidity outside. What you could do is get a good window cleaner, and remove the film off your windows.

Hi,have a look though the uk forums...theres was a post topic only a few weeks ago about smells when the a/c was on....someone posted a link where you could buy a tin of this stuff that cleans the system and gets rid of the smell...search through the uk site ;)

Thank you ! How is your A/C on your 1990 LS ? does it smell bead too ? OH here in south Los Angeles is about 100 degrees and the bad smell is sometimes stronger than my parfume :P

My A/C does not have a smell..... mainly because it does not work. :rolleyes: Lexus told me that the car was brought in last year by the previous owner and the problem is a bad evaporator. $800 parts and labor to repair. I don't think so. I will probably just let it go and drive my Buick or Pontiac on hot days, or find an independent A/C shop to fix it at a lower rate. My grandpa knows a man that works on automobile A/C's and may fix it for $200 or less.

Good luck with your A/C system.