Vacuum Line Help

Starunia

Hi! I own a 1990 LS400, and recently while I was driving my Lexus stopped right in the middle of the street. Before this it was doing just fine, but I had brought it to the mechanic. I inspected the car when I got home and found this: (see attachment) it's on the right side of the engine block, but I cant seem to figure out where it goes, I'll probably need to buy a new hose which I'm fine with. Help would be very appreciated!

68415758_455715131941931_3343898598491291648_n.jpg

68875654_1632042516932815_1493700410488127488_n.jpg

Well. Its hard to say from that pic. And between the tie-wraps and clamps I see in the picture, I would say you have your work cut out for you. I have a 97 LS400 so what I can tell you is that there should be a sticker on the inside of the hood that shows the routing of the vacuum lines. I'm assuming that you are back up and running normally but are concerned with someone's decidedly shoddy work. It looks like there was either a hose attached and was disconnected and the port blocked off, or there was a rubber plug there that was lost and a little redneck engineering came into play. No check engine light? No running rough or hesitation during acceleration? I would take time to just crawl around on top and under to see if you find a hose not hooked to anything. Let us know what you find out.

Paul