Melting dashboard on 2007 ES350

toast

I recently bought a used 2007 Lexus ES350 that has a melted dashboard. I’ve read everywhere that Lexus covered this problem until 2017 but the previous owner never took it in to get replaced. I got quoted at the dealership $1400 for the new dashboard plus an additional $800 labor fee to get it replaced. I’m not trying to spend $2200 to get a dashboard replaced so I am planning on replacing the dashboard myself if I can find a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows what part number the replacement dashboards are so I don’t end up buying another one that will melt?

The parts listing shows only one part number for each color.  I suggest calling Lexus customer service or discussing this with a Lexus dealer parts department employee.  

It seems odd that the 2007 ES350 is excluded from covered vehicles listed in the following document since the 2007 was the first year of the generation 5 ES: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10145764-9999.pdf

If it was a 2008 ES350 built from "Early April 2008", dashboard replacement would appear to be covered until "March 31, 2021".

• 4 years later...

I have a 2010 ES350 with the melted dashboard and live in Florida, so I ended up buying a Coverlay unit for my car. I only recently got the car and bought the Coverlay about a month after I got the car. I have not had a chance to put it on. It is a thin ABS unit that fits over the existing sash and ran me under $400. The installs I've seen online look pretty good; not exactly like the original dash, but I don't want to sink $2k or more into the car for something like that.