George

DIYAdvocate

How to remove the glove box and other panels for access to the AC air mix door servo motor (passenger side).  Access to the 2004 RX330 AWD Service Manual would help greatly.  Servo motor is making a lot of noise (ratcheting noise).  I would pull the fuse for power to the servo if I new which fuse supplied it, however, the fuse may supply other electrical components as well.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a follow up from original post.  To remove the glove box there are two screws at the top of the glove box and two bolts located on each side of the lower box.  The inner side panel has two plastic holders than can be removed with a quarter.  The floor air duct has one bolt behind the duct that can be loosened and the duct slides off.  This exposes the air blend door servo actuator which is held by three screws.  You will need a stubby philips head to remove one of the screws.

After verifying that the blend door actuator was making the ratcheting noise, I removed the servo and replaced it with a new Dorman 604-902 servo actuator purchased on Amazon.  The part number was obtained from Dorman Products at the correct replacement for my 2004 Lexus RX330 AWD Japan made vehicle VIN JTJHA31U240052106.  The AC was turned on with the temperature setting at 65 degrees.  The blend door arm was at it lowest point and cold air was emitted from the center and outer vents.  As the temperature setting was increased from 65 degrees to 85 degrees there was no movement by the servo arm.  I then pushed the temperature setting up to HI.  The servo arm went to the highest position and hot air was emitted from the vents.  There was no control of the servo arm (air blend door) between the settings of 65 degrees and 85 degrees.  This occurred on both the drivers side and the passengers side.  Is this due to the center console climate control unit?  Any suggestions on where to go from here would be appreciated.