Computer for 2002 3.0 Motor for GS 300

My mechanic has been trying to replace the engine in my 1999 Lexus GS 300.  He was told by LKQ Parts that the motor for the 2002 GS 300 and others would work fine and purchased the 2002 motor and installed in the 1999 vehicle.  Unfortunately the harness on the 2002 motor does not match the computer of the 1999 model.  Does anybody have a 2002 Computer for a 2002 GS 300 with a 3.0 motor.  Please call 206-290-0028 if you can be of any help. Or e mail madisonbay22@gmail.com.  I am located in Sarasota County, Florida.

• 1 month later...

It doesn't lend much confidence to your mechanic that he wouldn't know this before ordering an engine from a different year. ECUs are almost always year/model/trim specific, even if the plugs match they're usually not interchangeable. You can take your chances going by just the year but if you don't want to waste more time and money chasing trouble lights you need the part number. Plug your VIN in here and find the one you need - https://www.epc-data.com