Sign in to follow this  
drtimuselton

2008 LX570 AC fan blower motor issues

My blower motor underneath the glove box started making an awful noise and then got to where it would stop spinning and shut itself off.  I removed it and found the fan to be extra wobbly and not smooth.  So I bought an after market replacement blower motor.  When I went to install the new one, as soon as I plugged it in before mounting it, it started spinning without the car even running.  I started the car, turned the AC on and off and could not get the fan to stop.  So I called a friend and was told that probably one of the 3 prongs in the clip together style plug was wired differently and therefore, it was getting constant power from the battery itself.  So I returned the part and got my refund and ordered a more expensive part online that was OEM.  It arrived today and when I plugged it in, it immediately started smoking and basically fried itself... with the car off.  Is there another part to replace simultaneously with the fan blower motor?  What am I doing wrong?  When I plug the old wobbly one back in, it works correctly until is wobbles itself to stop.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I cannot find anything online to help me trouble shoot this situation.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jarebear
      I have a problem with my blower motor on my 98 LS400. I noticed that, intermittently, the blower motor will kick down from the speed its at to a very low speed mode. Eventually while I'm driving, it will kick back up to the speed its supposed to be at. When it kicks down, it usually only lasts a few seconds and then goes back up. Anybody have any idea what might be causing this.
      I've already seen some discussion on this issue, where some suggest it might be a in-car phone wiring issue. I really don't think this car had any dealer installed phone, but I'm not 100%. There are no left over components from a phone that usually accompanies an old car phone installation. 
      Is there any chance this might be a blower motor resister issue? I replaced my blower motor a couple years ago, but not the resister. 

Let me know your thoughts.
    • By agiles212
      I recently replaced the blower motor in my 1992 LS400 with a after market part, the install was clean with all connectors and fuses reattached. When I went to start the car the blower began to work however, the car would not turn over as if the fuel pump was turned off. I did not disconnect the battery before doing the install. After several attempts of starting the car I disconnected the battery cables for approximately 1hour hoping that it would reset the computer, well that didn't work either. I checked all the fuses and there were none blown. Prior to fixing the blower there were no problems with the car starting at all. There is fuel in the car, and when I turn the ignition I can hear the clicks from the FP relay, but cant get no action........Need Help....Any suggestions?