2008 LX570 AC fan blower motor issues

drtimuselton

My blower motor underneath the glove box started making an awful noise and then got to where it would stop spinning and shut itself off.  I removed it and found the fan to be extra wobbly and not smooth.  So I bought an after market replacement blower motor.  When I went to install the new one, as soon as I plugged it in before mounting it, it started spinning without the car even running.  I started the car, turned the AC on and off and could not get the fan to stop.  So I called a friend and was told that probably one of the 3 prongs in the clip together style plug was wired differently and therefore, it was getting constant power from the battery itself.  So I returned the part and got my refund and ordered a more expensive part online that was OEM.  It arrived today and when I plugged it in, it immediately started smoking and basically fried itself... with the car off.  Is there another part to replace simultaneously with the fan blower motor?  What am I doing wrong?  When I plug the old wobbly one back in, it works correctly until is wobbles itself to stop.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I cannot find anything online to help me trouble shoot this situation.