2002 SC430 Map light bulbs

Paul Cook

Anyone have a good P/N for these bulbs. Owners manual just calls it a type F (single end bulbs) that is 8 watts. The one that came out is indeed a 12V 8W bulb but no joy at my local auto parts store. The guy at the counter said he didnt even have one listed in their computer. In my manual, its listed on page 336 with no bulb number so here we are. Thanks for any assist.

Paul

15626379463488925417257438071404.jpg

The Sylvania bulb guide shows a very different looking bulb for the 2002 SC430 map lights:  https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/index.jsp

The bulbs that Sylvania shows for the SC430 map lights are the same double ended bulbs used in map lights and overhead lights in a variety of Lexus and Toyota vehicles we've had.

Thats funny because that is the same bulb on their website that was called out in the Sylvania guide in the store.

I did find a pair of Sylvania bulbs with the number P/N "57" which work but are only 3.5W.

And even though they are half the wattage called for, I kind of like the soft yellow glow instead of the brighter, harsher white of the original (?) Bulbs.

Just more SC strangeness I guess. Thanks for the assist though. 

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul,

I just bought the same bulb for my motorhome. Looked everywhere and the RV & Motorhome dealer in your area will have them however they are a lot less expensive if you have a RV outlet in your area.

Info for next time needed.

Leah

Well Thank You Leah. I'll keep that in mind next time I need them. 🚘 My other problem now is the drivers side map light bulb won't light. Its a very cheesey way they put that particular piece together.  Maybe Ill pull it today and fix it. Things have been slow at work the last couple of days. 

Paul