Disabling Brake Light On Deck

I installed aftermarket factory style wing on my 2000 gs300. I tapped into factory 2 wire harness for wing LED and it works fine.

I burned out one trunklid bulb while testing wiring and relpaced it

I disconnected the factory coupler on the factory LED on deck and am now getting the idiot light for burned rear bulb.

I even reconnected factory LED on deck and idiot light stays on.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

I installed aftermarket factory style wing on my 2000 gs300. I tapped into factory 2 wire harness for wing LED and it works fine.

I burned out one trunklid bulb while testing wiring and relpaced it

I disconnected the factory coupler on the factory LED on deck and am now getting the idiot light for burned rear bulb.

I even reconnected factory LED on deck and idiot light stays on.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

sometimes when you tap into a hotwire, the computer is going to tell you that you have a light out when you really don't because of the voltage regulating through a spliced wire. another thing you can check is to make sure you have the correct wattage bulbs to replace the factory ones you burned. good luck

Thanks TT619...

I did replace burnt bulb w/ oem and I used factory wing light coupler for power instead of tapping a brake light line.

Could disconnecting deck mount LED coupler cause comp to sense voltage drop?

The system monitors current to each bulb or circuit of bulbs. When the current drops, the system interprets that drop as a burned out bulb. Disconnecting the LED portion of the CHMSL will also cause a current drop.

P.S. CHMSL is Center High Mounted Stop Lamp

well the cuicit only resets when the key is turned off ,you may have fixed it but it won't show if you changed the wiring again.

Also it only will light up if you press the brake pedal and the key is on.

You need to add a resistor to fool the brake sensor into thinking that there is more resitance as you have removed restistance by disabling the 2 bulbs.

Thanks for the input.

At this point, I have CHMSL (factory LED) disconnected, I simply disconnected the oem connector.

The factory harness has 3 wires, do I need to wire a resistor into oem connector, if so which wires??