It's Gone...

heh sorry to say guys, my '93 ES300 is gone. my mom finally realized there were too many things wrong with it and thought it was best to get a new car.

i looked for an '01 ES300 but to no luck on a good deal. i looked to an '03 IS300 5-spd but no luck, i was sold... then my friend sends me this one link...

Tafetta White '02 Acura 3.2 TL Type-S

$16000 // 21k miles

i just couldn't pass it up. went to check it out the next day, put down the deposit, and picked it up the third day... traded in the ES for $3000... but not before i stripped it to hell :) took out my HU, and my bulbs (which fit right into my TLS fogs) :D

well i'll still be around guys, since the ES will still be my most well known car. i'll still provide help to this great site and the great people.

take care of those cars, and don't do anything stupid :)

kev

Oh no :o Please don't tell me another ES veteran has stepped off the train! ;)

Kev, you've been around a long time here as well as in the other forum (ClubLexus.com). I know it's kinda sad to see the ES go at an unfortunate time, but as in any other turn of events, it's probably for the best of it. Congrats on your new TL purchase, and I'm sure you'll take care of her in the same way as you did with the ES. Definitely stick around

TL's are great cars, but tranny is made of glass. I have 2 friends whose trannies blew before the 80,000kms (50,000 miles) mark. Honda seems to have fixed the problem for the 2003 model year, but not sure of the 2002's. Good luck! I love those cars.

I got one as a courtesy car at my Acura dealer because they overbooked on their loaner cars, so they gave me the dealership's demo and loved it. Brought it in about 1 minute before closing! :lol:

Acura?! :chairshot:

Heyyyyyy....what's wrong with Acura? :o Well, the newer ones are not built as well as the older ones for sure, but I used to have a 1989 Legend Coupe. That car had many features not available on my 1997 ES300.

For example:

1) 3 power seat settings.

2) 5 level heated seats...ES's only have either on or off.

3) separate mirror heater button.

4) leather even covers the side of the seats, not just seating surfaces.

5) doors lock automatically 10 seconds after turning ignition, unlocks when engine turned off.

6) rear windows roll down...on a coupe! I know the ES300 is a sedan, but I thought I'd just throw that in! Not many coupes have roll-down rear windows! :lol:

7) foglights that actually work.

8) semi-automatic transmission with sport mode.

9) remote stereo controls near steering wheel.

10) graphic equalizer ion stock stereo headunit.

Just to name a few. But I do love my ES300!!! I just miss some of the features that I had in my Legend.

2) 5 level heated seats...ES's only have either on or off.

That's strange.......both my '94 & '03 ES's had a high-low switch for the heated seats.

The new ES also has the door lock thing, locks when in gear, unlocks when in park. 98+ Lexus have all kinds of things you can have the dealership change in the C-BEST settings.

And the tranny problems were addressed in 02 so you're good to go ;)

Acura?! :chairshot:

Heyyyyyy....what's wrong with Acura? :o Well, the newer ones are not built as well as the older ones for sure, but I used to have a 1989 Legend Coupe. That car had many features not available on my 1997 ES300.

absolutely nothing. Now go back and read that entire post....not just the first line!

Pay particular attention to the second line.

It's called sarcasm. :whistles: :blink:

steviej

lol keep it cool, guys. yeah i still wonder about the acura tranny issues, but it's covered to 100,000 miles for the tranny under all circumstances, so yeah. :)

i love you 17" stock 5-spoke rims though. they're a beauty :)

kev