Nav System Update

bahwrites

I have a Lexus 2002 RX300 and need to update the navigation system. It currently has 2001/version 1.  I have the following questions:

1.  Do I need to load all updates since 2001 in sequence or can I just load the latest one?

2.  I bought part #PT219-GN23W-13 on eBay but it says it should be loaded after 2000/version 1.  Can I load it after 2001/version 1?

3.  Evidently there is another disk I can buy called a software/service/firmware disc.  What is that for?

Thank you in advance for your consideration and assistance. 

I own a 2005 RX330 so a little bit different.  Only 1 time did I update the Nav system, and that was before smart phones.  Now for navigation I use my smart phone with Waze/Google Maps to get around. Why would you spend the time and money to upgrade an antiquated system? Even when it was new, it was pretty sub-par. Good luck. 

Hi, I see you are back having purchased the final map update on eBay.  It seems like you can do the update with the disc you bought but I'm not an expert and we are dealing with what could be termed obsolete technology.  I'd say give it a try.  If it doesn't work you can resort to using a portable nav device or a cell phone nav app.