Rear Wheel Vs. Front Wheel

I think this would be a really great post for the new potential lexus owners and for the present ones. Since this is my first rear wheel drive car, I would like to know more about what your opinions are toward Rear wheel and Front wheel drive cars, both advantages and disadvantages of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I like rear wheel, but it is more dificult to drive. I had a civic which is front wheel drive and I could throw it into a turn and not worry about spinning out. With rear wheel drive the !Removed! starts sliding out (which can be fun if you are in control) and you drift. It really depends on who you are. But to me it's all about all wheel drive. I would like to have a Lancer Evolution. If the SC300 were all wheel drive with a twin turbo AAAGHH Agggh AAAAGH. More Power. but it would also be heavier and it's already a porker. :ph34r:

I have never driven a AWD.

The FWD Acura Legend has a bit of better handling then the RWD LS400. But, I don't want to say that FWD is better in handling than RWD based on just one observation.

• 4 weeks later...

I also prefer awd being a previous owner of 2 wrx's one being modifed significantly. but I have also been the owner of 2 mustangs, a 91GT also significantly modified and a stock 98 v6 convertible thye are rear wheel drive and I have also owned a integra front wheel drive... I would have ot choose rear wheel drive over front wheel... I like the transfer of power much more than I do on a fw.. and on the handeling issues... nothing a few hundred bucks cant fix.. just dont get crazy in the rain..

• 5 months later...
I also prefer awd being a previous owner of 2 wrx's one being modifed significantly. but I have also been the owner of 2 mustangs, a 91GT also significantly modified and a stock 98 v6 convertible thye are rear wheel drive and I have also owned a integra front wheel drive... I would have ot choose rear wheel drive over front wheel... I like the transfer of power much more than I do on a fw.. and on the handeling issues... nothing a few hundred bucks cant fix.. just dont get crazy in the rain..

Fwd:

Pro's: Better in Snow because it of traction.

Cheeper to make. (a pro for them)

Con's: Under/over steer

Rwd:

Pro's: More control (in my openion).

BURN OUTS!!

No over torque steer.

Dont need to pull entire engine out to rebuild transmission.

Just plain better all around w/less problems.

Con's:

Traction can be a problem, but new cars coming out with better weight distrubtion solve this issue.

Thats all I can think of at 6am.

If the SC300 were all wheel drive with a twin turbo AAAGHH Agggh AAAAGH. More Power. but it would also be heavier and it's already a porker.  :ph34r:

It is called a soarer 2.5tt 2.5 twin tubo with all wheel drive nav cameras and 4 wheel steering.

Of course only in japan

basically

RWD is more fun

fwd is more safe

• 2 years later...

speaking of AWD sports cars, I have a 1992 Subaru SVX-LSL. It's fun, but AWD cars are heavy, mine is about 3,600lbs. They really have great handling and traction but I don't like the weight, not to mention the almost impossible mods. Not really any body modifications for them. Which is why i'm here, I think all in all I can do more with a Lexus. Not to mention their sexy looking cars. I love the SVX but I want a different sports car.