Brake Maintenance

paul c

I installed new brembo replacement rotors with ebc greenstuff pads on my GS300 today. Later on in the week I'm going to flush the fluid and add some new ATE super blue fluid and replace lines with Goodrige stainless lines.

Hey Paul C , how are you doing ? I am a new member to the forums but have found them very informative. My question to you here is. I have purchased the Brembo replacement drilled and slotted rotors for my GS300 as well but am catching hell getting the factory ones off. Everyone I talk to says it is easy but noone I talk to has a lexus. If anyone can help me I beg you please. I am dieing to get these on. my e-mail is gregdaddy2000@yahoo.com if you want to send me links or whichever or whatever , thank you soo much for your help !! :cheers:

Paul C-What year is your car? Might want to add this info to your id so people know what car you have. I am considering the same brake upgrade (For the rears first). Are the Brembo rotors plated to resist corrosion? The ones I am replacing have corrosion and I want to get a replacement rotor that will not have this problem.

Hey Lexbubba, those rotors are just sitting on the hub. They should come right off, however because they have been sitting there for a while, they tend to feel like they are being held on with something. The rotors should have a couple of threaded holes that you can put jacking screws in and slowly jack the rotors off. This how I got mine off on my 2000/GS300. Good luck, tell me if it works.