Rear deck won't close

GA2004SC430

Hi Paul, 

Thats funny in a earlier post you told a member to turn the radio up to ignore the beeping noise from the lid not closed completely.  I have been driving for 5 months with that beeping noise and I just turn up radio really loud.  I also made some makeshift back windows because they wont go up either.  My top opens just fine, however when I go to close it the "I think its the trunk Lid?" per your diagram "top & Components" Is #22(Package Tray) the Trunk lid? I have(every time) to go around to the back and gently but firm press down on it and it closes. 

I did take a road trip to Orlando for a convention and it rained heavy all the way there and the top were it latches leaked on me the whole way.  Im thinking thats telling me that is it obviously is not latching completely therefore the back windows wont close so the lid wont finish??????IDK???? How much is the machine you said to buy for diagnosing things?

trunk lid  diagram #22.jpg

LOL. Well that is a recommendation for short trips in nice weather. The previous attachment has in it complete instructions on how to manually open and close your roof. And if you have a leak, the red light on the open/close switch stays on then your top is definitely not latched shut. Here is the top open/close routine that if you can follow along to where you are having your problem, it will point you to the right place to investigate exactly what your issue is. Read it and get back to me. There is another thread in the SC430 section titled "Why you should own your own personal code Reader". It has all of the equipment I personally used to diagnose my problem. Look that over too. Thanks.

Paul

Sliding roof overview with trouble codes.pdf

I will be able to take it to the local car parts stores in town next week for a diagnostic reading.  This has been a tough month financially with all the doctor visits.  But thank you so much for all the terrific information on our common problem.  We will soon be in for cooler weather here and it is the best time of the year to drive with the top down.

Thanks again for sharing you knowledge and information, you have been beyond helpful!

Dave

Hey Leah, If I interpret your description correctly, your failure happens in Step #7 of the "Operation of Roof Closing." Is that right? If so, it's fairly easy to troubleshoot if you know someone who is competent with simple tools to remove the plastic clips holding the trunk plastic together and a multimeter. Thanks.

Paul 

Hey Dave. If I read your situation correctly, you are failing in Step #7 also of the "Operation of Roof Closing." When you get a second Please confirm. I can tell you how to get that troubleshot. Thanks.

Paul 

Yes, mine opens and the roof sits down into the trunk the way it should, but the black plastic part behind the back seat stays up and the trunk deck won't close.  The rear windows have stayed down the entire time and the red light on the switch says the top is open and it doesn't latch when it comes back up.

So Dave. Your failure is actually #6 in the "Operation of Roof Opening " then because you never get to Step #7 where the Package Tray folds down is that correct? Thanks.

Paul

7 hours ago, Paul Cook said:

LOL. Well that is a recommendation for short trips in nice weather. The previous attachment has in it complete instructions on how to manually open and close your roof. And if you have a leak, the red light on the open/close switch stays on then your top is definitely not latched shut. Here is the top open/close routine that if you can follow along to where you are having your problem, it will point you to the right place to investigate exactly what your issue is. Read it and get back to me. There is another thread in the SC430 section titled "Why you should own your own personal code Reader". It has all of the equipment I personally used to diagnose my problem. Look that over too. Thanks.

Paul

Sliding roof overview with trouble codes.pdfUnavailable

Hi Paul, not sure how to navigate through this site yet??? Thanks for your reply. Not sure if you will get this cause I couldnt figure out how to respond to your reply??? I think you sent me an attachment and it says its Expired and cant open?