GA2004SC430

Rear deck won't close

I have a 2004 SC430.  I put the top down this spring for the first time this year two weeks ago and when I went to close it the top came up and closed but the rear trunk deck stayed up and I haven't been able to close it since.  I have disconnected the battery hoping it would reset a switch but no luck.  The open/close switch now stays red constantly when the car is running.  I have used the manual trunk release to get into the trunk and check what I am able to there, still nothing,  What else can I check before I take it to the dealer and pay an arm and a leg?  Thanks for any assistance!

Did you ever get this problem sorted out? The reason I ask is because I had a similar experience this morning except I was opening my top. The top folded in normally but then the rear deck and trunk sequence that was supposed to activate back to the down position just stopped with the trunk lid still open and the deck lid still in the up position. Tried resetting everything also. Ended up lifting the  hard top on the corners a couple  of inches  while it was packed in the trunk and then it closed completely and opened again with no further issues. So I was just curious if you had any luck.

Paul