Gs 400 Replacement Bulbs

Last night I found that one of my " night time" running lights was out. I am looking to replace the pair. I want a nice bright white light as I do not like the look of them next to my HID's. I have heard talk of Polarg m4's being the best and brightest stock replacemnt. Then I heard of a 4 or 6 LED replacement that is whiter and brighter. What is correct? Where to to buy (the best)?

What is everone running for lights?

Also I heard that the day time running lights are actually the high beams @ 50%. If so can I replace the bulb with something whiter and brighter? If so what do you suggest? I just think the yellow bulbs make the car look cheap.

thanks

Just replaced the wedge bulb on my 99 GS400 to get rid of that ugly yellow DRL. It's not the main highbeam but a little bulb down in the corner of the housing. I got Polarg M4's off of ebay and they look nice.

Good luck.

S2,

How easy was the install of the M4s? I have yet to look into the engine compartrment to see if there is room to work with the lights.

Thanks

It is tight to get in there to replace. If you have small hands, it would be easier. I'm running M4s too. They are not as bright as the M6s but I prefer the M4s since they match my HIDs pretty well and they run at a lower voltage (closer to stock) than the M6s.

Here is a pic of my car with the M4s.

3146MS2_08.jpg

Neo I am sold with your pic's. I just bought a set of M4's on ebay for $10 shipped.

Did you replace your high beams with whiter bulbs? If so did it improve the looks of the day time running lights?

Thanks

Did you replace your high beams with whiter bulbs? If so did it improve the looks of the day time running lights?

Hope you like them. I did not change out the highs since I rarely use them. I have a 98 so I do not have DRL. I sometimes wish I did have DRL since there is a mod I'd like to do that having a DRL relay might prove useful.

Anyway, maybe others with DRL can help you with this part. :)

Polarg M4s look great, especially next to stock or 6000K hid. I got a pair of Sylvania Silverstars for high beam bulbs. they were $35 a pair at Advanced Auto Parts on sale. They look very nice, PIAA And Razo were much more expensive but I don't think it'll make a difference since I rarely use high beams.

Thanks guys

Neo I have a 98 GS400 as well. I only have the night time running lights as I call them (wedge lights). I think that our day time running lights are our high beams running at a lower wattage.

Polarg M4s look great, especially next to stock or 6000K hid. I got a pair of Sylvania Silverstars for high beam bulbs. they were $35 a pair at Advanced Auto Parts on sale. They look very nice, PIAA And Razo were much more expensive but I don't think it'll make a difference since I rarely use high beams.

Lexintex,

Any interest in a gtg and drive?

Neo I have a 98 GS400 as well. I only have the night time running lights as I call them (wedge lights). I think that our day time running lights are our high beams running at a lower wattage.

Yes, the GS's DRL is the highs running at 50%. BUT, the 98s don't have relay that will activate this. I think it started with the late model 99s.

I got a 98' GS400 and the DRL are wedge. Hey Neo, nice car. What front lip is that? Also what M4 bulbs are you using?

Thanks. It is the TTE front lip.

The 98s have "parking" lights but so does the other model years. They really are not DRLs, which are usually always on without an off switch.

As for the M4s, that is the Polarg designation for the 168 wedge bulb. :)