System (computer) Needs Reset after Replacing Battery?

I am installing a new battery and need to know exactly what needs to be reset so everything functions correctly.  I've read posts about windows not working, door locks, etc. after replacing the battery. I am not paying $228 for the dealer to replace a battery.  Costco sells an Interstate for $86.  If anyone can help with some info, I would appreciate it! 

I am going to respond to my own question to share what I have learned today. 

There are 2 things that need to be reset after disconnecting or replacing the battery.

1. Each window has to be reset.  To accomplish this, start the vehicle and roll each window down and hold for 1 second.  Should work normal after that

2. All your radio presets will be lost and you will have to re-enter all.

Everything else will auto reset once the vehicle is re-connected and started.

Before disconnecting the car battery get a gizmo such as:

VSTM OBD II Vehicle ECU Emergency... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MPY0DNI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This will keep uninterrupted power to the computer during installation, so no subsequent resets are needed. Used it myself couple of months ago. 

I didn't know this gadget existed so I appreciate the reply.  This would be good to have in the toolbox.  There is one other way to change the battery with uninterrupted power to the computer.  I changed the battery with the car running; no resets required.  

Thanks again! 

So last time my battery was dead after a long out of town trip with dome light left on, I had to have vehicle towed to dealer for reset and new battery. Is there an easy way to reset everything once battery completely dies, and needs to be recharged or replaced? Or I am SOL until next time with gadget listed above?  2018 RX 350 parked outside in winter as spare vehicle, never thought about battery dying and needing charged and systems reset. Thanks for advice and support.

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2019 at 10:34 PM, rxowner10 said:

I am going to respond to my own question to share what I have learned today. 

There are 2 things that need to be reset after disconnecting or replacing the battery.

1. Each window has to be reset.  To accomplish this, start the vehicle and roll each window down and hold for 1 second.  Should work normal after that

2. All your radio presets will be lost and you will have to re-enter all.

Everything else will auto reset once the vehicle is re-connected and started.

Thanks, Victor