• Similar Content

• By AznChopSticks
      Hey! I’m a young car enthusiast who currently owns a ‘99 GS400 with tan interior. I plan on converting it to black interior. Does anybody know any good products to use or have any tips or advice for me?
    • By Rolfjy18
      I recently purchased a 1997 Lexus ls400 coach edition with 176k miles. As we were driving it home, the check engine light came on. We took it in to a shop that we've been going to for years and got a reading. They said it was the catylitic converters and that they needed to be replaced in order to pass inspection in Virginia. Since that shop only used brand new parts, each converter would cost around 2 grand. I started looking for cheaper alternatives and found some on rock auto and carparts.com for around $42-300 and was wondering if those would be a good idea to buy. Most of the ones I found had warranties so that would lessen the risk.
    • By Dylan Schultz
      i have a 98 ls400 with about 244,000 miles on it. I’m having this very odd issue with the car. When I come to a stop light/ sign, the battery light comes on, rpms drop straight to 0 and the engine dies. Air and radio some times stay on. If I put it in park and restart the car the light goes away then its fine to drive until.. ya guest it I come to another stop. It does the exact same thing over an over at each complete stop. I assumed it was the alternator and I replaced it yesterday. No battery light, or weird idols happened for about a day. it is back to doing the battery light thing. If anyone has any Ideas of what it could be, or how to fix this issue id really appreciate it. ALSO not sure how old my battery is, changed the negative battery terminal when I did the alternator. Positive could be the problem (Corrosion on positive terminal) or maybe the terminal cable(s)?? Im very new to working on cars and any information is appreciated and retained. 
    • By Dylan Schultz
      If anyone could help it would be gladly appreciated. I have a check engine light on my ls400. Took it to autozone to let them use the code reader on the car. They told me one of the solenoids are bad on my transmission. If anyone can tell me, or help me how to correctly replace the solenoid and what tools I need I’d very much appreciate it. Or should I just have a shop do it?? Thanks 
    • By Kaimana
      So, I'm still struggling with the coilover problem. I want to put stiffer suspension on the Lexus, but I don't want to screw up the camber, I haven't found any camber kits, so I'm curious if there's any way to solve this.