Buyback/Lemon title

Looking at a 2018 LS 500 F Sport with 4000 miles. Dealer states it was a customer giveback because of a check engine light on. Car needed a new wire harness which was serviced by Lexus. They stated the car is fully covered under factory warranty. Someone suggested it may be a flood car. Any thoughts or suggestions? Car is being sold at $10,000 below average cost. 

It could be a good opportunity if you really want an LS 500 and especially if you plan to keep it a long time.  You might be able to negotiate a even lower price based on the vehicle's history.  I read recently that there are still a lot of unsold new 2018 LS 500's so the market for them is apparently very soft.

Other than its run-flat tires and no spare tire, my main problem with the LS 500 is the shrinking interior which now has a volume within a tenth of a cubic foot of the space of a 2019 Toyota Camry with its optional moonroof.  The Camry we rented 6 weeks ago was actually roomier than an LS 500 since the rental Camry didn't have a moonroof.

Of course, Toyota/Lexus is too ashamed of it to publish interior volume dimensions for the LS 500 so it's necessary to go elsewhere to find them:  https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/lexus/ls/2018/specs/ls-awd-398085

Lexus LS 500 - Passenger Volume (cu. ft.): 99.4

Toyota Camry (with moonroof) - 99.3 cu. ft. per https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2019/camry_ebrochure.pdf

I know the luxury sedan market has shrunk due to the flight to SUV's but I never expected the Lexus LS interior to shrink.

• Like 2