Lexus Wreck!

JTWilson23

Thanks for you replies. You are right, I can find another. But I am so picky, it will be really hard to find an LS I want. Once you get this old it is hard to find one that has been well maintained and in the condition you want. I hope it wont be too hard. I just want the insurance company to hurry up on this.

Sorry about the wreck, but more importantly, you're ok! That's an awesome car you've got; I'd loved to have found a LS with air ride(I know I'd regret it later when they go bad!), nak, and all of the goodies when I was searching earlier this year. Just curious, did the TRAC help you out any? Could you feel it working, or was it worthless?

I'm still not 100% sure about the whole situation. Let me get this straight: You came around a slight curve at 40mph, lost contol-probably due to the older tires, the front of the LS hit gaurd rail which then pushed the back around into the railing. Right?

:cheers:

Okay, so this is what happened. I was doing about 40 and came up to a slight curve to left which also happened to be at an incline, I definately felt that I was doing a safe speed. I was already into the turn and doing fine. Then halfway throught the turn the back end came out and the car turned around as it was headed to the other lane. It crossed the lane and the front right corner hit first, and then the back right corner hit, which took most of the hit. And I dont think that TRAC did anything because the back tires didnt spin, the car just switched directions. Yeah, I was so exicted to find a car with air ride and all the options. I will have to look really hard to find another. Thanks for the respones. I still want to know what everyone thinks on if it is totaled or not. I am pretty sure it is, from people have told me. I mean, it is 13 years old with 171,000 miles. I dont know much about bodywork, but it sounds like it will cost a bit to fix. I just wish insurance would hurry up and get it done with. I should know more tomorrow.

Okay, so quick question. If I do have to look for anothe LS should I look for a 93-94 or just find a nice 90-92. I know of the changes, but not sure if it is worth the extra to get. Just let me know. Thanks for your respones.

You took a hard lick on that. Sorry to say it's a total. The good news is that the parts are probably worth more than the car if you buy it back. How often do you see a wrecked Lexus laying around?

Glad you were not hurt, you can always get another car.

in my case of wrecked 94, I can't buy back the car from Allstate unless I enter bid in salvage auction like every1 else, no special treatment there! therefore I can't remove anything except personal belongings from the vehicle.

essentially, Allstate 'bought' the wrecked car from me with full retail price, and I did need to sign over the title in exchange for the total-loss check.

I assume all insurance work alike, therefore it ain't 'easy' to remove the any parts or accessories legally unless you 'win' the auction and buy the car back.

in my case of wrecked 94, I can't buy back the car from Allstate unless I enter bid in salvage auction like every1 else, no special treatment there! therefore I can't remove anything except personal belongings from the vehicle.

essentially, Allstate 'bought' the wrecked car from me with full retail price, and I did need to sign over the title in exchange for the total-loss check.

I assume all insurance work alike, therefore it ain't 'easy' to remove the any parts or accessories legally unless you 'win' the auction and buy the car back.

I mentioned this in your post, wandawoods. That my father was in an accident and the insurace guy called it a total and we bought the car back. He gave us the check and at that point he deducted the amount of the car. No auction.

I guess all insuraces work differently. And, may be just may be if they think that they will get more money from the auction then you, than they might take that auction route [just my guess]. Because

How often do you see a wrecked Lexus laying around?

Check out www.iaai.com to see how many wrecked Lexus' are around (plenty).

My guess is thats just the individual insurance company's policy. Insurance companys are in no way standard they can be very different.

Okay guys, I just heard that it is totaled. They said that the car was valued at 6500. Should I try to argue with them that it was worth more than that, or are they set on it. It was in excellent mechanical condition and had rare options. I will let you know what I find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, be specific about your maintance. For example: if you had new suspension that costed you about $1,000 or so; you should point these kinds of things. If you don't have any major maintance done to it but your car is in great stock condition; then my prognosis is that they will only set your car at an excellent book value of retail, [$6,500 is above excellent "private party"]. Check Kelly's Blue Book value for us [since we dont' know about all your cars options]. From my view, I think if they do bump up they will go as high as $7,300.