Automatic Hold - but wont let go

When I'm driving in traffic, I use the Hold button, so I may take my foot off the brake while in traffic.  I nice relaxing feature.

It works well in light traffic.

But, if I'm stopped for perhaps 5 minutes in traffic, the parking brake seem to forget to release.  This may be broken or a "Toyota safety feature".  After stopped for 5 minutes, I must manually push release the parking brake.

What are your thoughts?  Should the automatic hold feature, which automatically releases in light traffic, also release automatically in heavy traffic?

2014 LS460  (CPO, with extended warranty)  70,000 miles

On 2/23/2019 at 7:43 AM, Bill Fisher said:

When I'm driving in traffic, I use the Hold button, so I may take my foot off the brake while in traffic.  I nice relaxing feature.

It works well in light traffic.

But, if I'm stopped for perhaps 5 minutes in traffic, the parking brake seem to forget to release.  This may be broken or a "Toyota safety feature".  After stopped for 5 minutes, I must manually push release the parking brake.

What are your thoughts?  Should the automatic hold feature, which automatically releases in light traffic, also release automatically in heavy traffic?

2014 LS460  (CPO, with extended warranty)  70,000 miles

This happened to me a number of times until I figured out what was going on.  You have to manually release the parking brake under the start button when this happens. It's actualy a safety feature when the brake hold is on too long the computer assumes that the car is in park or something to that effect.

Previously owned 2 Lexus 460 with this feature without difficulties. Believe a reboot of computer may solve this. Follow the recommendations. Avery nice feature & Lexus should extend it to 460 & other models. Good luck.