Akimoto ?

I bought a Akimoto cold air kit off ebay for cheap $$. My 98 GS 400 has the stock air box w/ K&N now. Am I going to get much gain w/ the Akimoto?

Also in the directions for the Akimoto it does not state to disconnect the battery or fuse to the computer. Don't you have to to reset the computer or is the computer smart enough to change what it needs to?

I don't want to waste my time putting it in wrong or putting it in if I am not going to get much out of it. I caught it at the end of the auction and picked it up for 75% less than brand new. It is in perfect condition.

Thanks

I think it is the one that stays in the engine bay. It is about 2 ft long. I have not bothered to open the hood to see where it goes. I believe the filter ends up where the air box is located. Sorry new to this stuff.

Thanks

put it back on ebay and sell it.You WILL NOT gain any power but will lose power and lots of gas milage but you do get a nice sound.

There is no need for that mod as it is not worth a cent.