Cabin Air Filter?

Fast Rev

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much.

I could not find another one.

The issue I have is that when I had my car serviced, I was told that the filter needed to be replaced.  I had just replaced the filter myself the week before.  The dealership also wanted $140 to replace the filter.  I paid $9.00 for the filter and it took me 5 minutes to replace it.  I cannot see how they can justify that cost and they blatantly lied to me.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:59 AM, Fast Rev said:

Thanks so much.

The issue I have is that when I had my car serviced, I was told that the filter needed to be replaced.  I had just replaced the filter myself the week before.  The dealership also wanted $140 to replace the filter.  I paid $9.00 for the filter and it took me 5 minutes to replace it.  I cannot see how they can justify that cost and they blatantly lied to me.

I would have talked to the manager at that point, asking what is going on.  I never let them get away with shady work ethics.

• 5 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 4:59 AM, Fast Rev said:

Thanks so much.

I changed my 2011 RX350 AWD cabin filter in about the same time as you, and I also do not see why it would cost $140 to exchange one at the dealership. I purchased an aftermarket carbon filter for about $9 on Amazon.com, so the filters are cheap even carbon embedded ones. Lexus labor cost is insane.

Note: The 2011 RX350 cabin filter is the easiest to change in any car I have owned. Just open glove box, remove a panel, open the filter door, swap filters with arrow pointing up, close door and replace panel. Too easy.

• 5 months later...

I always write the date I change my filter on at least 2 sides of the filter. That way, in the rare event I let someone else touch my vehicle, there can be little doubt as to whether or not it needs changing

• 2 weeks later...

That's a very good idea for me to use for my car. It doesn't only help someone else (i.e. let say the car were sold to someone else), but also help the current owner knows how long the cabin filter is replaced or if he should replace it with the new one.

Thank you RJ0018!

• 4 weeks later...