Backup Camera for 2003 LS430

donberto

I haven't but have installed two in a Ford F150 and Toyota Solara.  If you are handy it can be done easily, or take to Best Buys and have it installed.  I cant remember whether the LS430 has a navigation screen, if it does I am sure someone has done it.

I haven't but have installed two in a Ford F150 and Toyota Solara.  If you are handy it can be done easily, or take to Best Buys and have it installed.  I cant remember whether the LS430 has a navigation screen, if it does I am sure someone has done it.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information.  My 2003 Lexus LS430 is now 16 years old, it has a navigation screen that came with the car, and now has 52,283 miles on it.  It would be nice to add a back-up camera to the navigation screen.

My Toyota Solara Convertible 2006 had navigation, and somebody on Toyota Forums discovered a input to it.  I made my own plug and wired a backup camera and It worked like a champ.

Adding a backup camera to a 2001-2003 LS430 is rather involved.  There is a post on ClubLexus on how to do it on an LS430 with the Mark Lev system but I don't know if would work for the standard nav system:  https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/511807-how-to-ls430-mark-levinson-everything-w-pics-and-part-s.html#post5620270

If you can't see the attachments in that post, here is a direct link to the YouTube video about it:  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...