LEXUS ES350 2014 TRANNY THUD FROM R TO N

Jibran Gill

I have a es350 2015 44k miles.. i feel a thud in the transmission going from R to N, R to P. I got a complete checkup from lexus stealership since my tranny is still covered. They said its normal and the teansmissin is designed yhis way. Want your guys say on this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 9:26 AM, Lexus Owners Club said:

sounds like the engine idle revs are too high....would be less impact changing gears if at lower revs.

My idle rev is at 1000 rpm.. what do you think should be the idle rev. I have taken the car to parkplace grapevine twice, as per them its normal for a lexus to make that noise and shake. I dont believe them. I actually talked to a few ppl who said its not at all normal. Even their sales guy said its not normal and he is not sure why the service think its normal.. i have that in writing too..

1000 rpm is way too high for an automatic transmission to shift....should be around 800 rpm.

There is no way an engine should shake....it sounds like a vacuum line has failed and is drawing air.
I would take it to a reputable independent garage who is 'old school' and knows engines from experience...they should be able to sort it fairly cheap and quickly