Hi,

First post - I'm looking at buying a leather seat trim kit from Lseat - to replace my well worn front and middle seats.  Wonder if anyone on the forum has had any experience using a seat leather trim kit or with Lseat.

Hi Rob....welcome to the Forum

I have tried some kits for imported vehicles from Japan and they fitted rather well...just didn't look that good!

I think its a case of 'you get what you pay for' with fitted seat covers. But cannot comment on Lseat as never come across them.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers,  Trevor

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By datarecovery
      This is a new car to me that I bought with the no start engine. Only 42000 miles since last timing belt change . Here's what I found when I opened it up.
      Several bolts on water pump  housing were loose. Alternator lower bolt was broken. The tensioner pulley was completely  broken apart so I don't have any pictures of that . Water pump shaft was bent and water composed inoperative. That's why the coloring on the water pump pulley is shows discoloring from the Heat. Who knows what happened in terms of the sequence....
      Anyone ever see this on a Lexus? I've had 10 Lexus before, worked as a mechanic 30 years, and I've never seen this before.

• By ffl3883
      Hello,
      I have a 1999 LX470, 140k miles. I noticed there is strange noise (sounds like servo motor or some kind of !Removed! sound). when I first turn the key to light up the dash also when I press brake several times. It also happens frequently during driving when I press brake pedal. Brake still functions. Here is a YouTube link. 1999 LX470 Noise Behind Dash 
      you might need to put on headphone to hear the noise clearly in the YouTube video. Just wondering what the problem is . Any thoughts and gauidance are appreciated. 
      Regards
      Felix
    • By godons
      The auto open and close feature of the driver side mirror no longer works. It is stuck in the open position.  It also continues to make a high pitched noise like it is trying to engage the cams but cannot. I was told I would have to get a replacement mirror and have it painted to match the green paint. Can this be fixed?
    • By jefflamonica
      Are the interior wood panels across the dash on my 93 SC300 removable? I know the ones on the doors are, because I've had the panel off and have seen the nuts behind them. I'd like to take them all out and refinish them. The PO put some crappy red carbon fiber tape all over everything. It's old and brittle and flaking off. Tried to peel some off and the stock woodgrain underneath is hosed. Ack! Even if I go back with a better quality applique (wood grain or black carbon), I'd like to do it with them out of the car.
      The car has a garnet red exterior and gray interior. I have considered refinishing them in satin black, or the exterior paint color, but just across the doors and dash stripe. Anyone else done anything with these panels in their SC? I'd love to see what you did and hear your insights.
    • By victorjohn
      Hi All,
      Just wanted to relay my latest adventure in the world of LX470 Suspension. I have a 2002 LX470 with approximately 262,000 miles on the odometer. I bought it in 2004 and it had about 40,000 on it at that time. It's been a superb vehicle and still runs great. I feel like this vehicle was built for my lifestyle - skiing, small boat trailer, kayak on top, etc. I get it serviced regularly and have followed the Lexus service guidelines and intervals carefully. I have noticed however that the ride is not quite as smooth as it was in the early days. It's not bad or bouncy like some of the posts that I've read but it doesn't absorb the bumps quite as good as it used to. I've come to learn that the suspension is semi-active and is managed by these four squashed softball sized units referred to as accumulators or actuators. I use both terms as I've seen them used interchangeably however I'm not sure that it's entirely accurate. A Lexus Service Manual I have calls them Actuators but others call them Accumulators. I called my local Lexus dealer who quoted me $3,800 to replace all four. I have since found them on Ebay (OEM's) for $347.22 each and a local Japanese auto shop to replace them for $100 each which all adds up to less then $1,800 installed. Still not cheap but more than $2,000 less than what Lexus wants from me. These things aren't cheap and one reputable guy I talked to thought this is even less than Lexus pays for them. Not sure about that but I like the idea of saving $2K. They come direct from Japan so shipping can take up to 2 weeks but the shipping was free. I considered going with B&B but saw a few posts that made me think twice. I can't qualify whether his product is the way to go as I've never used them but just saw enough bad press to steer me to OEM's and for about the same price I think. My goal is to get to 400,000 miles which is another 140,000 miles or so. I'll update this post after they've been installed on how much ride quality has changed. Also, I am attaching (or attempting to attach) the Lexus Service Manual pages that pertain to these suspension components. The service manual is actually for the 2005 LX470 but I don't think there's much difference.
      LX470 suspension.pdf