ABS alarm

paul O freeman

I have a 2002 LX 470 with 220,000 miles. I recently replaced the tires and had a new battery installed. Within @ 50 miles of driving the brake light illuminated as did the ABS warning light, VSC trac and VSC off light. The audible alarm is also continuous. Braking is very difficult. Could the cause be attributed to the battery replacement. is there a reset or does it sound like a fuse issue.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you find out. I bought an 02 with 150k. They installed new tires and I am having issues with a check engine light that all the codes are directed to ABS issues. The module and booster was replaced prior to me buying the truck. The truck brakes fine and all the trac stuff works great in the snow still (I live in Vail CO... LOTS of snow this season) But we are stumped on the Check engine light. Looking to get new rims for it, I hope this doesn't cause more issues? Good luck.

First thoughts would be to check the tire sizes....if any one of them is different from the others (especially tread size) then the rolling diameter will be different and the reading from the ABS sensor will register a fault with a faster/slower rotating wheel.

Thanks,

Not sure about the tires? they are all brand new and even. The truck is proving to have a lot of little issues:

Slight chirping sound when I turn left but goes away when driving straight. Squeaking breaks. Emergency brake handle pops up slightly and light flashes on, but it stays down 95% of the time.

I still actually love the truck but not thrilled to have to get these things looked at.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my issue is nothing with the brakes. Its a communication issue with the instrument cluster.

Anyone know if I can get a junked cluster or need to deal with a dealership? either way everything is working fine which is good. so it is just a visible check engine light that bothers me.

• Like 1