Bluetooth Question

pemarsh

While I cannot speak specifically on the LX470/LX450 vehicle, on the LS430, the ability to dial specific numbers is disabled when the vehicle is moving. You can use the one touch dialing for stored numbers. Another thing that I noticed is that the number that is displayed in the one touch area shows while the vehicle is stopped, but disapears when the vehicle starts moving.

Hope this helps...

Is it true that when using bluetooth feature with your cell phone, you can NOT make a call when the truck is moving???

If you initiate a call from your phone, you'll be able to use handsfree mode in Lexus. What you cannot do is to dial that number from lexus keypad.

Some cellular phones support voice dialing where you can store certian numbers with voice tag commands to allow hand free dialing. I do not know whether the Bluetooth module installed in the newer LX470's will allow the use of the functionality? There are third party bluetooth car kits that support voice dialing if the particular cellular phone you pair with the bluetooth car kit supports voice dialing. :cheers:

• 5 months later...

Was at a VW store yesterday getting a new phone for wife. Did not see the v710....they told me they are not allowed to see it again until the software/firmware update is out---which i was told is Friday.

The mgr of the store is supposed to call me then to tell me if the updates have addressed the Lexus bluetooth issue.