2009 rx350 cabin filter

My filter was never replaced, partly due to its low mileage and my neglect. Not sure what a dealer would charge, but after looking at a video on YouTube decided to do it myself. I bought a Toyota OEM filter  ( Part # 87139-YZZ03 ) on ebay from  Superstition Springs Lexus of Arizona for $30.  It is a charcoal type filter, and supposedly a specification unit.  I had a difficult time removing the shelf to gain access to 2 more panels to remove the old filter. Although I followed the suggested way to do that, it took all my strength to break it free from the compartment floor. Upon completing the relatively easy removal of the filter, I tried to insert the new replacement one, and discovered it was about 3/4" to wide. Also, the filter"up" arrow was on a side pleat, and not on the front panel. After cutting the filter to fit, the reassembly was simple.  I contacted the vendor to suggest they check with Toyota   as to the proper filter dimension.but they haven't replied yet.  Beware.

I am not following where you are on this.  The filter is a simple paper filter that you can purchase off of ebay for around $7.  I have never heard of a charcoal filter.  Anyway, moving on to the install.  I don't know what you are talking about with the panels.  You drop the glove compartment with the screw clips holding both ends and the filter housing opening is right there.  Remove the plastic cover and it is a simple install.  It takes all of 3 minutes at a slow pace.

My vehicle has a shelf to separate owners manual, etc, from rest of contents. It must be removed first to gain access to rear panel. Furthermore, my vehicle has no screw clips as some other year models do. My goof. I have a 2010 model, purchased in 2009.   If you check on Youtube for 2010  RX350 cabin filter replacement, you'll see my configuration. Lastly, charcoal impregnated filters are in abundance on ebay, amazon, etc.  Thanks for your comments.