New... But Diving Right In...

I just got a 94 GS300... and now it's time to study up on engine swaps. Naturally, I'd like to go ahead and drop in a 2JZGTE, but I'd like to study up a lil more first. I'm assuming that since the car comes stock with a 2JZGE the swap should be fairly straight forward... and yes, I have done engine swaps before. I was examining under the hood today in an attempt to determine intake tubing and placement for the intercooler and turbos. Please share all applicable knowledge you might have. Links to comprehensive sites would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alright! Welcome my man. The Aristo V300 is your Japanese counter part - if you didn't know that already. You really don't need to swap motors but if that is your huckleberry then go for it. I'm a big supporter of the na-t conversion on the GE motor. Just slap a turbo on there and go. Either way there are a few routes you can take. I'm not versed with the GS/Aristo layout but I will assume that the aristo runs a side mount stock. So the GS engine bay will have the holes in it for the intercooler and intake plumbing. Go with a front mount. You could just bolt a GTE head on to the ge block if you want the turbos - or buy the whole kaboodle. Sound Performance out of Chicago, Toyomoto out of Miami, and SP Engineering out of somewhere in Cali, as well as PHR in Texas, and Rollhard/Performance Factory in New York or is it New Jersey?

need a turbo?

the masters in Chi-town

Phil's book

Phil wrote a book on dropping the GTE into the JZZ31 and it could help to give you perspective on the job. Your going to have to consider wiring and all that good stuff as I'm sure you know. Good thing is you've got a 1994 so there is no obdII or vvti to worry about. There is much more but - google will help. I can get you more links if you need it.

sweet, thanks for the links... I would just bolt up a turbo kit, but my 2jz's already has over 180K miles on it. I haven't checked the compression on it, but I figure it never hurts to have an extra engine ready to drop in should the current one give out. I did some looking around on google, but was pretty dissappointed. Please post up any other links you may know... if possible. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a 94 GS300... and now it's time to study up on engine swaps. Naturally, I'd like to go ahead and drop in a 2JZGTE, but I'd like to study up a lil more first. I'm assuming that since the car comes stock with a 2JZGE the swap should be fairly straight forward... and yes, I have done engine swaps before. I was examining under the hood today in an attempt to determine intake tubing and placement for the intercooler and turbos. Please share all applicable knowledge you might have. Links to comprehensive sites would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.sp-power.com/main.htm

contact SP. These guys are the gods of the 2JZA80GTE swaps. They produce some of the best work i have ever seen. They make it look easy. These are the same guys that put the 2JZ motor into the 93-96 RX-7 body. The motor is pushing over 850 hp to the wheels. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.