Gs300 93

Hi All, I just purchased the 93 GS300 and it didn't have a CD changer. The radio is orginial and has a cassette player. Anyone have an idea of what to avoid and what works great with it.

Thanks,

Gilbert

Hi All, I just purchased the 93 GS300 and it didn't have a CD changer. The radio is orginial and has a cassette player. Anyone have an idea of what to avoid and what works great with it.

Thanks,

Gilbert

hey gilbert, so what are you trying to install? another head unit, original cd changer, or an aftermarket cd changer?

Hey TT, I would like to install the original CD changer or an after market one. Is it prewired and ready? Someone told me in the trunk it is ready with wires, but I don't know much about my car yet. What is your experience with CD changers and what do you recommend?

Thanks,

G.

Hey TT, I would like to install the original CD changer or an after market one. Is it prewired and ready? Someone told me in the trunk it is ready with wires, but I don't know much about my car yet. What is your experience with CD changers and what do you recommend?

Thanks,

G.

hey gilbert, what's going on. well the stock cd changer does go in the trunk. open your trunk, and look down at the mat. in the upper right hand corner of the map should be the place of the factory cd changer. there are two different mats that go in this trunk... one that's totally flat and one that actually houses a cd changer. if you take off the mat, you will see a stock factory amp with wiring. this is where the original cd changer cable needs to be connected. i've taken my factory one out and placed a panasonic cd changer. hope this helps you out. good luck

if your radio has a cd button your car is prewired for a factory changer in the trunk above the amplifier in the right quarterpanel. . a factory changer is best because the radio thinks a radio station is playing and does not turn on the trunk amp under the changer to full fidelity unless you push the cd button. there is an internal equalizer in the radio that only is activated if a factory cd player is attached. . so an fm changer is no better sound than listening to the fm radio...................................................................... the cost of a working used factory changer is the same price as a new fm changer so i dont see why anyone would want less fidelity for the same money plus the factory changer is controlled by the factory cd button radio p6802 which is the id number on the cassette flap door. if you have id number p1702 then you dont have a cd button and are not prewired. . another problem with fm changers is if you get near the fm radio tower the station will interfere with the fm changer cd while it is playing. . so hopefully you buy a used factory cd changer not an fm changer. even if you have the tape only non cd button radio you could change the radio and run a cd changer cable to enjoy the high end cd changer factory sound.

if your radio has a cd button your car is prewired for a factory changer in the trunk above the amplifier in the right quarterpanel. . a factory changer is best because the radio thinks a radio station is playing and does not turn on the trunk amp under the changer to full fidelity unless you push the cd button. there is an internal equalizer in the radio that only is activated if a factory cd player is attached. . so an fm changer is no better sound than listening to the fm radio...................................................................... the cost of a working used factory changer is the same price as a new fm changer so i dont see why anyone would want less fidelity for the same money plus the factory changer is controlled by the factory cd button radio p6802 which is the id number on the cassette flap door. if you have id number p1702 then you dont have a cd button and are not prewired. . another problem with fm changers is if you get near the fm radio tower the station will interfere with the fm changer cd while it is playing. . so hopefully you buy a used factory cd changer not an fm changer. even if you have the tape only non cd button radio you could change the radio and run a cd changer cable to enjoy the high end cd changer factory sound.

i must agree, i would go with the factory cd changer instead of purchasing and fm modulated one... for the soul reason because mine was a 10 disk and it was original. when you replace your head unit, then i would suggest changing your cd changer, but for now, stick with the stock one

Thank you All for providing valued information.  I appreciate you.  I will take all recommendations and make my inference. 

G

any time my friend... if you're intrested in any jdm parts, let me know what's up

TT, sorry to intervene but selling of parts from a non-approved vendor/member is not allowed.. This isn't fair to the vendors who pay money to be able to sell here.. This isn't a warning but a heads up.. If you'd like to become a vendor here Email Matt M.. Thanks..

Thank you All for providing valued information.  I appreciate you.  I will take all recommendations and make my inference. 

G

any time my friend... if you're intrested in any jdm parts, let me know what's up

TT, sorry to intervene but selling of parts from a non-approved vendor/member is not allowed.. This isn't fair to the vendors who pay money to be able to sell here.. This isn't a warning but a heads up.. If you'd like to become a vendor here Email Matt M.. Thanks..

hey there mrsypher, no prob.

One more reason to wish my car came with the factory upgraded radio/CD. Is there some easy way to maybe add an add'l powered sub or something to give the factory radio a little more kick? I am talking really easy, as I don't want to rewire the world here for my classic rock tastes.... B)

One more reason to wish my car came with the factory upgraded radio/CD. Is there some easy way to maybe add an add'l powered sub or something to give the factory radio a little more kick? I am talking really easy, as I don't want to rewire the world here for my classic rock tastes.... B)

what's up brak, i rewired my factory sub to a sony amp and let me tell you, it kicks way better than with the factory amp. i'm into installing stereos and stuff so i'm pretty good with wiring. next time you come down, i'll help you rewire your stuff if you are up to it. you'll see the potential of your system! take care my friend

Your are on.  Just need an excuse to go to SoCal.  What kind of amp are we talking about.  Where is the factory amp located on the 93 GS?

hey leo what's up, the factory amp is located in your trunk on the passenger side quarter panel underneath your cd changer if you have it. it's pretty big, you can't miss it. and about the amp... totally up to you but i would pick a sony or jl audio.