Tire Recommendations Needed - 2015 RX350

So I shopped for tires (P235/55R19) over the weekend and received conflicting information from various tire shops.  I prefer to stick with Michelins but am not opposed to other recommendations.  However, the information I received over the weekend was specifically related to Michelins.  I used to have a 2001 RX300 Silversport and had about 4 sets of Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires over the life of the vehicle while in my possession.  Those tires were great for treadwear.  So, should I stick with the Defender LTX MS for the 2015 RX350 or should I go with a different Michelin or a different tire all together?  The other Michelin choices are the Premier LTX, Latitude Tour HP, and Primacy MXM4.  Thank you for your help & recommendations. 

I personally love the Defender, I have them on my RX400h and My Ford F150 truck.  They ride smoothly, and last forever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the UK we have Michelin Cross Climate, brilliant in the winter weather and fabulous in the summer months too. Quiet and provide a remarkably comfortable ride. Everyome who has tried them would never go back. If you have them in the US please consider them. Quite remarkable tyres. Have them on my 2010 RX450h

Ed in Glasgow

• 1 year later...

I too have historically been a fan of Michelin tires.  I recently bought a 2014 Lexus RX 350 with Michelin Premier LTX tires.  They are quiet, ride and handle really well.  However, when you check the reviews on www.tirerack.com there are MANY complaints on tread life.  The BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT is the top rated tire for our vehicle by both Tirerack and America's Tire.