Satellite Tuner

Did satellite radio ever work in your GS?  A satellite radio tuner was optional on the GS in 2007.  If you don't have a tuner, pressing the SAT button won't do much if anything.  

I don't remember how it works in older cars work but those who have newer cars with satellite tuners can listen to a demonstration channel - mainly ads to get you to sign up - even when there is no active subscription. 

I just bought it a couple of weeks ago. But like I said when I push the sat button sat comes up on the screen, theirs 3 different sat screens and when I go to channel 0 it comes up ID but no number. So I've heard that the satellite module is located in the trunk? I will look and see if I can locate it.  

I found the following thread on ClubLexus forum.  It shows what the tuner looks like and describes where it is located in the trunk.

It sure sounds like you have the tuner from your description of the screens.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/829588-07-gs350-factory-xm-sat-radio-receiver-install-location.html