Been sitting, cranks but won’t start

Randyst

1994 LS400.  The car has been sitting for a year or more.  It ran fine when parked.  The battery was disconnected for most of that time. I have now replaced the battery with a new one.  Lights on the dash look normal and the engine turns over fine but will not start.  Pretty sure the fuel pump is fine since I can appearently flood it (can smell gas if I pump the pedal too much).   I know nothing about a Lexus so I’m not sure where to start.  Does this model have a chipped key?  When I got the car I had two keys.  The logo end of one was much thicker than the other and had a little button on it that never seemed to do anything.  I can’t find that key so I am using the spare.  Any ideas are appreciated.  I just want to get this thing back on its feet so I can sell it. Thanks

Had this same issue with my 95 LS 400, my friend who is a Toyota line mechanic thought the crank position sensor was going out,or near. Turns out it actually was the fuel pump, with the back seat removed and the key in the on position the pump would quietly hum but would do so intermittently it would seem to pressure up then fall back and create a crank/no start condition, then pressure up and stay there. Since the back seat was already removed, I replaced the fuel pump, (which was relatively easy even with basic mechanic skills) its been trouble free since then.

As to your key being or having a chip in it,  (I’ll assume not) as mine is a year newer than yours and was scanned 2 weeks ago by a licensed locksmith and found to not have any chip in the (2) factory Lexus keys that came with my car.

'94 is definitely not a chipped key.  I'm guessing fuel pump or other electrical stuff that makes the fuel pump go whir.  Good luck and let us know what it turned out to be!

Paul