Outer door handle remove a n

bb0408

bb0408,

Under the chrome end cap (portion of the handle that doesn't move when you grab the handle) there is a groove/indentation. Tape the end of a flat screw driver blade, put its blade into the groove and pop the chrome cap towards the outside of the car (put your hand over it or it may get damaged hitting the floor.

Open the door and pop off the black round plug that is directly behind that chrome end cap on the door edge. You'll need a torx bit to remove the screw/bolt that is underneath that plug, as it holds the end cap to the door. When undone (the bolt most likely will not come all of the way out, designed that way to keep from losing it) and the cap can be removed from the door.

Now grab the outside door handle, and slide it towards the rear of the car, and pull it out of the door. Done! The install is just the reverse, just be sure to get the thin gaskets back into the correct locations.

The rest of the door handle mechanism (to the latch assembly) is behind the inner door panel and the [plastic weather shield, and can be removed while the glass is in its up position.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:18 PM, gbhrps said:

bb0408,

Under the chrome end cap (portion of the handle that doesn't move when you grab the handle) there is a groove/indentation. Tape the end of a flat screw driver blade, put its blade into the groove and pop the chrome cap towards the outside of the car (put your hand over it or it may get damaged hitting the floor.

Open the door and pop off the black round plug that is directly behind that chrome end cap on the door edge. You'll need a torx bit to remove the screw/bolt that is underneath that plug, as it holds the end cap to the door. When undone (the bolt most likely will not come all of the way out, designed that way to keep from losing it) and the cap can be removed from the door.

Now grab the outside door handle, and slide it towards the rear of the car, and pull it out of the door. Done! The install is just the reverse, just be sure to get the thin gaskets back into the correct locations.

The rest of the door handle mechanism (to the latch assembly) is behind the inner door panel and the [plastic weather shield, and can be removed while the glass is in its up position.

Gene thanks for the reply. It got me started. I found I couldn’t pull handle out after loosening t 30 screw. I had to take inner Panal off and unplug the electric that feeds my little electric button on the handle. After that I was able to wiggle it out

• 5 years later...
On 6/2/2018 at 2:56 PM, bb0408 said:

Gene thanks for the reply. It got me started. I found I couldn’t pull handle out after loosening t 30 screw. I had to take inner Panal off and unplug the electric that feeds my little electric button on the handle. After that I was able to wiggle it out

Did the little electric button need to be reprogrammed to lock and unlock the door?