As I came out of a tight turn and accelerated, the engine hesitated and lost power but kept running.  The check engine and automatic steering control (ASC) lights illuminated and stayed on.  I limped off the highway, drove to a safe stopping place with limited power (especially up hill) and turned off the engine.  When I restarted the engine all cautions were cleared and the engine ran fine.  Diagnosis revealed condition code P0300, random cylinder misfires, but the engine continues to run fine.  Are the ASC light illumination and random misfires related to each other and to the tight turn event?  What is the likely cause?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By muz84
      I have kind of weird problem with my RX400H 2007. When I turn my air con on, I get Check Hybrid and Check VSC message displayed with check engine light, traction light and red triangle. Scanning tool displays P010A code (Mass Air Flow (MAF) B Circuit Malfunction). Just to make sure, I ran vehicle for about a month without turning on A/C (blower was on most of the time) and no errors. When I turned on A/C today, same error came up. I’m unable to understand what air con and MAF circuit to do with each other. The vehicle keeps running fine when error comes but doesn’t start after turning off, until code is cleared or battery terminal is removed and replaced. I’ll really appreciate if anyone can help me solve the issue.

• By hazouma
      Hi guys,
      I've been a member of this reputable forum for a while now, and i want it to share this as a small gesture of gratitude.
      coming home one night and parking the car as always ,and suddenly it was like Christmas came early to my dashboard.
      vsc light, trac light, this circle between two brackets , and the big C (check engine) all came on at the same time.
      i tried to put the car in gear as it was on Park, and a peeping sound came on and a message asking me to put the car in P shift position.!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was baffled and i suspected the gear GOD forbids, and i had a misty idea that a loose fuel cap will trigger this symptoms but i had to check it in the morning , and it was the same movie  all over again.
      Anyway i opened the fuel tank and tightened it up till I heard a click for three times.
      i started the car again with no change and as you can see i was really frustrated at this point .
      i left it for a couple of hours out of frustration and went to wok then i came back and started the car .......Shazam everything returned back to normal.
      and the LOOSE FUEL CAP  was really the culprit as  all experts agreed here.

N.B: the beeping sound was coz i put the car on gear while the driver's door was open and of course the occuring message was of the same reason , as you see i was really panicking.......

Thanks and I hope this will help someone .

• By Ariboo22
      3 months ago my car died and I was able to pull off the road. My dad told me my alternator, I wanted to make sure it wasn't my battery so we took it to auto zone.  Sure enough, the battery was fine practically bran new. I got the alternator replaced by my bother's neighbor who's a mechanic ($200.00). My bother took care of it, come to find out he didn't replace it with the orginal lexus part. The mechanic noticed something with the water pump, I took it to a family mechanic this time, the job was too big for home repair. My water pump was replaced with brand new orginal lexus parts ($990.00) I thought that was the end of my misery. I drove it home immediately the check engine light, vsc and yield ligts is back on my bashboard... I finaly decided to take straight to the dealer. ($135.00) to run diagnostics? They sent me home with my car and said the car needed a system update which took away the warning lights.  Still... it didn't resolve my problem. I've been doing my own research and reading lots of forums online. I took my car back to Lexus and said I believe there's something wrong with my car. This time my car wasn't driving right. there was some mis firing with the system. Id step on the gas and my car would move very slow and the engine made a rubbing the engine sound. I told my dad about my problematic car. He takes out my battery and the lights disappears again. I thought this time he fixed the problem only a day driving it all the warning signs comes back on. I tell Lexus id bring the car back in for a second opinion. (600.00) they replaced the some wires... stated that they were able to see the damage wires. my advisor called and said it'll cost me about (600.00) I told him to fix it....... smh, only after 30mins driving my lights are all back Warning yield, check engine and vsc. CAN SOMEONE RELATE, IF SO WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM AND YOUR SOLUTION. I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY I DONT WANT TO SPEND ANY MORE.

• By Gtfourever
      Hello everyone, I have a 99 ES300. When I bought the car it had a check engine code, ended up being both knock sensors so I replaced them both along with the harness. I took it for a test drive and within 2 miles the codes pop up again 😔. I used aftermarket parts so I figured that was the problem. Then I repurchased the parts all with OEM this time, I get it all back together and again 2 miles down the road and code P0325 pops up car again goes into limp mode. So to sum it up I replaced the knock sensors and harness twice with NO cure to the problem. Could I be missing something or does this problem run deeper? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    • By Chrismac676
      A friend replaced all four brake pads for me about 8 months ago. Within hours of having the car back I got the Check Engine Light, VSC Light, Trac Off, and P0356 error code. The timing seemed odd, but I couldn't see how this could be related to the brake job, so I put in a new coil.

About a month later, another front coil failed (at least according to the error code). I replaced it. Another few months went by, and a rear coil code came on.

I dug in and replaced all 3 rear coils (huge pain, as others have noted). I also did the spark plugs at this time.

A few days ago I got the dreaded light combo plus code P0351 - another rear coil. I should note that the car definitely shakes a bit from time to time when stopped, so it does seem like it's missing. The light is also not constant, but it is on most of the time.

So at this point I'm wondering what else it could be? I have an appointment with a solid Toyota shop next week and they indicated that maybe a cheap (Advance Auto) replacement coil burned out. This could be, but it sure seems like something else is going on.

Any ideas?