Question about wiring behind passenger kick panel

I'm attempting to fix the leaking moonroof drain in my 2004 RX. This is a problem discussed at length on basically every Lexus forum. It's gotten so bad in my car, that heavy rain will now flood the passenger side of the car with standing water. The drain exiting the vehicle is clear. I poured water down the drain and some came out of the car... but not all of it. The rest of the water is not leaking out through the hole near the floor as is common in many posts. It's actually coming out through the box with all of the wiring connections (which I assume go to the passenger door) behind the passenger kick plate. Now, although I might be right in assuming that the wiring behind the kick plate is for the passenger door is for the door itself, I'm not 100% sure. I don't want to disconnect anything and cause a problem. I'm not a mechanic, I just can't afford the time or money to take this to the dealer to get fixed. So is it safe to disconnect these wires and do I have to disconnect the battery first? Because I'm almost certain I need to get behind there to fix the problem. I've searched extensively for any diagram that can tell me for certain what these wires I'm disconnecting control to no avail.

I need to fix this problem because at this point, I almost can't even drive the car in the rain and certainly can't with a passenger.