A/C only works on MAX Cold

cunger4

Hello Lexus Members,   I had an CURT Brand Electric Brake switch hooked in to my 05 - LX470.  The A/C worked fine when I arrived, but after they hooked it up the A/C only works on Max Cold.  As soon as I switch it one degree to Auto 65 it starts blowing hot air....like the air is coming from the heater.   All the work was done in the area under the steering wheel around where the drivers legs from knees to feet are.  The CURT switch was a simple plug into a factory plug that linked it to the hitch wires and brake system that Lexus had already preinstalled.  Of course they say it isn't there fault.  Kind of disappointing they automatically think I'm wrong, but I know it is not freeon.  I think they must have knocked off a wire or unhooked a connector or blew a fuse....     Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  

Near that panel where you knees are look for a few little lives that look like vents in the plastic, half inch wide. Behind that is a temp sensor that tells the car what the temp is. So if it is set to 73 degrees that sensor relays to the climate control whether to send heat or cooling. When they removed the panel they had to unplug it. It prob just not pluggged in or the wire is pinched or damaged

Thanks a ton BlueVM.  I will look at it tomorrow.  The Ashland hitch guy just wants to blame me.  He said I wasn't listening to him when he told me that it was like that when I brought it in.

Glad to be of assistance. You should call  (;&@)$ back and tell them you took it to a repair guy and he charged you a $100 for the diagnosis and replugging it in. Have them give you the money and split it with me! I could send you bill, just kidding!

same thing happened to me with a remote car starter install, only difference my shop didn’t blame it on me. They checked it out for and hour figured it out fixed it and apologized. Sometimes getting a good deal with someone working on your car is not worth it. I hate the Lexus dealer....so I go to Toyota, they can do 90% if the work at 60-70% of the cost

• 1 year later...