Radio Upgrade

David Lee20

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I looked for a couple of years at all the options out there and did not like buggy android stereo. I finally found a solution that worked for me. I had professionally installed a Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX 10.1 inch head unit. Most installer shops did not want to deal with it but I finally found one that could figure out what to do and I now have Apple CarPlay and awesome sound! I had them install Focal Expert PS 165F3 speakers in the front and Focal Expert PC 165F in the rear doors. I also had them install a 4 channel amp for the speakers. Plus I added 2 JL W3 subwoofers in a custom box in the back. The Subs are driven by a JL Slash amp. It was expensive, but this care deserves great sound. To complete the set up, I added Manicci floor mats and Eagle Eyes LED headlights.

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice modification, the good pics really help too.  I have a 2004 and planning to keep it stock but I may get a 1999/2000 with the different dash and I have seen these done with an Apple CarPlay setup and added back-up camera and they look great. If I end up getting one and doing it I'll share the pics.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's a question for the group - other high end automakers that have difficulty accommodating aftermarket upgrades to dated nav & audio equipment are beginning to foster, support and facilitate aftermarket solutions (Porsche, for example).

A lot of these Android tablets are tragic garbage (FWIW, this Seicane probably the best one out there, I've learned the hard way). Having them exploit a needy market only lowers the value of vehicles that were built to last. The LX and LC100's are vehicles made so beautifully, it is a shame to see some of them languish with awkward Nav and Audio. OEM was *tragically* behind the times even when these vehicles were new - Can you imagine my 06 LX470 has a cassette deck in it?!!, and a Nav screen so small, if you can afford a Lexus, you probably also cannot see the detail of the screen.  Mostly, it is especially a shame to see these great vehicles lose value for a lack of Nav and audio solutions. I want to drive this thing until I'm on Medicare, but using a Steelie and an iphone looks awful and is just unnecessary. Who do we have to speak to at Lexus Corporate to get proper upgrade solutions vetted and promoted by the mother ship? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?