Dual air conditioner problem

Bryn

I took my 2007 ES350 in to the dealer, today, to finally have my sticky dashboard replaced.  However, on the drive home I noticed the air on the driver’s side was not cooling properly, even set on LO. ( The air on the passenger side cools fine).   Is this just a coincidence, or could it have been caused during the dash replacement?

Bryn,

Its possible that it went south at the same time .... BUT .. it most likely is something that the dealership tech didn't put back together correctly or shorted out.

I'd politely but firmly suggest that they need to correct the situation, as they were most likely responsible. Fingers crossed, and hoping that your dealership aren't hard as** and want your repeat business. Good Luck!

Thanks gbhrps,  I noticed the problem on my way home and returned to the dealership.  My service rep said she didn’t see how it could have been the technician, as there is a firewall behind the dash.  I had her make a note on my work order of my return and the problem, and said I would do some research and get back to her.  I’m taking the car back tomorrow and hoping for the best.

Bryn,

If they pulled the dash to replace it ... all of the HVAC controls and the various wiring and sensors are under that dash ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE FIREWALL >>> INSIDE THE CABIN! Telling you that the work they did was on the other side of the firewall in the engine compartment isn't possible. The dash is inside the cabin!!! AS are all of the controls for the AC vents, etc., and the related computers for the HVAC and their actuator motors (I suspect one of the actuator motors to put the cool air to your side is bad, or the HVAC computer needs a reset/reflash).

I'm amazed the rep would even make such a statement. Sort of like saying you need your rear blinker fluid replaced!

Anyway ... keep us posted.