LX or GX?

vlad353

I have 2011 LX  and soon it's time to replace it with a new truck.
I still love my LX and I'm thinking of the same model, 2018 or maybe wait for 2019, but recently I thought - maybe GX might be good enough for me?
Can you dear experts share your opinions and experience and tell me what are the main differences between those two models?
I know that GX has funny rear door (barn) and the 3rd row seats are not good as in LX.
What else?
Thank you guys!

Two totally different cars. The LX is much better in every way, but also more expensive to purchase and operate (it eats more gas, repairs and maintenance cost more, etc)

I am on my 2nd LX (mine is a 2017 LX-570) and would not even consider the GX. The best thing to do is to drive both of them at least twice and make sure you do the test drives about 2 weeks apart from each other. The reason I recommend it this way is that most people get really excited after the first test drive. On the 2nd test drive you are less excited and much more focused on the car itself. Usually after the second test drive you will know. I sometimes wait another week or two after the 2nd test drive to see if I'm still excited about a car. if I am, I buy it. Ultimately, both are good cars and its a matter of personal preference and cost.

Thanks! I guess I need to drive GX some day. The thing is they look pretty much the same, right? When on the street it's hard to tell which is which...

I was hoping that maybe the difference is mostly something  I don't need at all - like 3rd row and bigger size, or some electronic thingies I don't use anyways, and that's it. 

So I can pay less, have a slightly smaller truck but still enjoy driving a nice Lexus   🙂

• 1 month later...

I can answer this question for you.

I have both a GX470 (not the 460) and an LX570. Quality and performance wise, it is slightly different as the LX570 is a much bigger vehicle to begin with. The GX feels more handy for those tight spaces or getting around town in and out. The space is no doubt a winner for the LX because it is bigger in all aspects. 

The only downside of the LX vs the GX is the braking. I can definitely feel the difference in braking. The GX can definitely give you the confidence that you can brake faster in an emergency situation while the LX feels like it may not stop on time in an emergency situation.

Gas mileage has been approximately the same for me on both vehicles so it's a matter of what is important to you.