92 LS400 with karman Vortex MAF

threepwood

I bought a can of CRC mass air flow sensor cleaner, did not read the fine print.  After getting it home read the fine print which says do not use on Karman Vortex MAF's used in Lexus. As far as I can tell, that is exactly the type in my LS400.    I searched internet and seems like it will not harm the sensor but won't do much for it as this type of MAF uses a photodiode and not heating wire?  Anybody have experience with this stuff?

Thanks.

Thanks for your response.  After looking at the design I decided not to take the chance and just returned the CRC for a refund, pointing out the note on the can about Lexus,

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

MAF sensor cleaner will destroy the Karman Vortex MAFs on these cars, so it's a good thing you found out before it was too late. I got really worried when I read the title of this thread. 😅

The MAF sensors in these first generation (1990-1994) LS 400s don't need to be cleaned or serviced at all