GEN 8 Navigation Update

Hi, Everyone. I just purchased a used 2015 ES300h and I need to update the navigation system map. My old HS250h required that the dealer do any nav updates, but my new car has a micro SD card slot so it looks like an update should be pretty straightforward.  Is it possible to buy the card somewhere for this GEN 8 system and install a new card myself? My local Lexus dealer is saying I have to buy a replacement card from them for $210 then pay to have it programmed. Any guidance, suggestions or options would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

• 10 months later...

We don't currently have Lexus vehicles but I've bought navigation updates for our Toyotas numerous time with a 15% discount coupon from the Costco Auto Program at a participating Toyota dealership.  It should be the same if you have a Costco membership and  Lexus dealership near you participates in the Costco Auto Program.  If you can do that, it would at least reduce the cost down to $178.50 not including tax.

The fall 2018 update should be PT219-GEN08-18.

Here is a link to a video that shows how a 2015 GS350 owner updated his navigation system with a micro SD card:  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have a certified 2016 es300h and updated the nav after purchase bc the nav was already 3+ years old.  I bought the chip from dealer with discount and the upgraded myself.  The upgrade is started in the map menu, then follow the screen instructions very easy. 10 minotes and done

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 3:50 AM, Rmalph said:

I have a certified 2016 es300h and updated the nav after purchase bc the nav was already 3+ years old.  I bought the chip from dealer with discount and the upgraded myself.  The upgrade is started in the map menu, then follow the screen instructions very easy. 10 minotes and done

CAN HELP ME I HAVE THE SAME ES300H 2016 NEED UPDATE FOR THE MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM 
eurkas.as@gmail.com