2006 SC 430

Ilse

Hello...I've signed up to ask questions about a 2004 430 SC 102k miles that I'm thinking of buying.  The car was turned in from the original owner, I currently own a Honda and Acura, this would be a "fun car".  The Honda products are exceptional...a CR-V with 194K and a TSX with 123K...bought new and serviced as required at the dealer.  I'm concerned about any upcoming maintenance and whether it needs to be serviced at the dealer and whether this car could bankrupt me.  I really like these cars and have owned Corvettes in the past that proved to be a high maintenance auto and happily moved into the Honda arena thereafter. Our tax consultant says it's too old, too many miles and has the potential to be a money pit.  Is she right? 

Ilse, I own a 2006 SC 430 and have owned several Hondas and Toyotas.  I've also driven Corvettes over the years. They are all boring compared to the SC 430.  I recently purchased a set of new model Bridgestone Run Flat Tires and they changed my attitude toward run flats entirely. The ride is much softer now and the power steering is smoother.  Aside from that issue, I have no concerns. It is a fantastic car, just regular maintenance with a timeless style that is destined to be a classic.  Great car for our warm weather climate.  Worry not and get yourself some fun.

Thank you Matador Red.  I've turned down two (2004 & 2006) so far due to dealerships not being as forthcoming with issues with them (the 2006 Pebble Beech Tiger Eye Mica w/104k needed $3.3k work and at least one new tire and the 2004, lovely blue, w/102k had had it's interior cosmetically altered to cover up wear and tear issues (made the leather feel gritty)).  Both were one owner cars.  I'm now looking at a 2006 with only 26k miles but the price is $26k, way out of whack from what I'm seeing it's worth.  It's also Silver, which I'm not crazy about and on consignment.